Stiller's Cut Whiskey Aging Barrel Kit
The Denny Bar Co. Age Your Own Whiskey Kit is the perfect gift for any whiskey fan!
- 1 Liter Kit - Includes one 32oz. jar of 100 proof un-aged Stiller's Cut whiskey, 1 liter aging barrel, pouring funnel, bung, spigot & step-by-step instructions.
- 3 Liter Kit - Includes three 32oz. jars of 100 proof un-aged Stiller's Cut whiskey, 3 liter aging barrel, pouring funnel, bung, spigot & step-by-step instructions.
Because of the small barrel sizes, the aging process is significantly accelerated with nicely aged whiskey available in 2-6 months (you be the judge!). Aging barrel can be refilled & reused multiple times.
*Select FedEx Ground® during checkout
California residents only
Must be over +21 for delivery
Insert the spigot on the front of the barrel and tap it in to secure the spigot. (DO NOT HAMMER IN THE SPIGOT) It may not go all the way to the ridge on the spigot, It will swell and seal itself in the head.
Inserting the Bung:
Your barrel comes with a bung, which is a cork for the hole in the top side. When you put the bung in the bunghole; place it at a 45-degree angle while twisting and pressing against the side of the hole to secure it.
Curing the Barrel
1. Start by rinsing out your barrel three or four times to get any wood debris out. Fill it, cover the holes, shake it and empty it.
2. In a sink or a container; carefully pour hot (not boiling) water into the barrel until full. Close the barrel with the bung and let it sit.
NOTE - Do not submerse the barrel in the water. This will cause your barrel hoops to bleed and rust.
3. Watch for any leaks, they should seal up as the wood swells.
It can take from a few hours to several days.
Once your barrel has been cured DO NOT LET IT DRY OUT
Once a barrel has been cured and dried, it may not seal back up once you fill it.
Please note: There still may be small pieces of char inside the barrel even after rinsing and curing. This is normal and a part of the charring process.
We recommend straining your spirits when removed from the barrel.